Leave of Absence for Full-Time Employees
Beginning January 1, 2013, Liberty Mutual will be administering DePaul’s FMLA, short term disability, and long term disability plans.
Please refer to the following information to learn more about the Liberty Mutual leave of absence process.
Understanding the Leave of Absence Claim Process
Understanding the Intermittent FMLA Process
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Grid
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Summary
Short Term Disability Grid
Short Term Disability Summary
Long Term Disability Grid
Long Term Disability Summary
The University is committed to help support the balance between your work and personal life. As such we provide opportunities for employees to take a leaves of absence when needed.
This section is designed to help you determine which leave and benefits programs meet your immediate needs. Below are the types of available leaves of absence. Each link provides access to the university policy, information on how to apply for the leave, what to do while you are on a leave and what to do when it is time to return to work from a leave.
Types of Leave – choose the specific type of leave for more details
- Sick Pay is available to eligible employees if an absence is due to illness or injury.
- Short Term Disability is available to eligible employees if leave of absence is due to your own serious health condition.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is an unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons. FMLA may be used for your own serious health condition or to take care of an immediate family member with an illness or injury.
- Long Term Disability is continued income in the event an eligible employee is unable to work due to a qualifying disability.
- Personal Leave is an unpaid leave of absence for personal or family needs of an urgent nature, educational opportunities, or professional development.
Certain types of leaves are not included on this website:
- For a work related illness or injury, contact the Risk Management Environmental, Health & Safety Department at 312-362-6531 or by email at InsuranceClaim@depaul.edu.
- To apply for a military leave of absence contact the Benefits Department at 312-362-8232.
- For a faculty leave of absence consult the DePaul University Faculty Handbook .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You must follow the procedures outlined and obtain approval for your leave of absence. If you have any questions after reviewing the appropriate web pages contact the Benefits Department at 312-362-8232 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.